Nov 12, 2020

HOLIDAY SEASON - MY JAM, Ti Na Thảo Chi

Can I let you in on a little secret? I have been low-key nervous about the holiday season ever since this month started. I wasn’t sure how my brain was going to cope with the holidays while being in quarantine and staying socially distanced from our loved ones. I mean...for the past 12 years, November and December had always been my season to hustle: from holiday parties at the banquet hall to trying to break my own sales records in retails; from serving thousands people a day at the airport to catering for hundreds of people at corporate parties. Seriously, holiday season has always been my jam, and I was afraid I wouldn’t know what to do with myself without a job. And once again, I proved myself wrong. 

The last few days I have been overwhelmed with inquiries and orders for this little box in the picture. All I wanted to do was creating a gift box that satisfies my love for the craft of cooking, maybe sets me apart from other people, and hopefully somebody would want to order one for their family and friends. I am overwhelmed with how much our local community is willing to support small businesses. I am overjoyed with the support I’ve been getting from other small business owners and fellow local moms. I’m so blown away by all the love and encouragement I’ve been receiving. Am I the luckiest girl or what?!?!

I know I joke about this all the time, but I really mean it when I say it: the grass is not greener on the other side, it’s only greener where you water it. Believe in yourself, put in the hard work, create your own circle, you can achieve pretty much anything you set your mind to, give back to your community, support one another. The reward is so much bigger than your own wealth, the sense of pride in yourself and your community is sooooo worth the hard work. 

I am saying this in the most humbling and sincere way possible, I just cannot wait to make these beautiful boxes and let them be the love letter I want to send into the world. 💜

Alright, I’m done writing for the day, I still have a 5 year old to homeschool and a whole weekend ahead to prep for. 😁🥰✌🏻

Thảo Chi

(cháu ngoại ông bà Sỹ Thảo)









No comments: