Jan 26, 2016

DISCOVERY FROM A WALK - A.S


When I go for a walk I try to stay close to home and at the same time try to discover new trails for walking. The area around Maastricht is formed by a river and some small streams, that makes that there is difference in height. Just across the border to the south of Maastricht there is a stroke between a canal and a plateau. On the slopes they keep sheep in summer. Some of them have caves for the sheep to shelter for rain or wind. Nearer to the canal I saw this stable that is a shelter for sheep as well I think. It must be standing there for quite some time as the roof is broke, with big holes. As it was a sunny day, the light came through the openings in the roof clearly.




When I walked up the slope to the top of the plateau I saw a high post, a look out. I don't know if it is to watch birds or it is for hunters to shoot deer. In this area I seen several high 'chairs' up in trees, that can be used by hunters. But I'm not sure about this one.
 





No comments: