Nov 15, 2007

One of Doan Gia's biggest events of the year 2007




Artist DOAN QUOC VINH

Celebrated Vietnamese Artist and Interior Designer, Doan Quoc Vinh Presents First Art Collection in Little Saigon Saturday, Nov. 17th 2007, 10 a.m – 5 p.m





...Born in Saigon, Vietnam, in 1961, Vinh entered the world of interior designs in the early 1990s. He collaborated with many of Vietnam’s premier painters, architects, interior designers, and sculptors who, like him, came of age after the Fall of Saigon in 1975.
...His creative arts include paintings, vases, lightings, decorative mirrors, custom order life-size sculptures in marble, bronze and ceramic, room dividers and mixed-media artworks. Among his beautiful creations, Vinh is perhaps most well-known for his exquisitely hand-engraved wood panels that feature contemporary art motifs as well as traditional images reflecting historical inspirations of Vietnam. Every artwork is hand-crafted by him and his skilled assistants, including each frame that showcases his paintings.

.. “I would like every art piece to have a human touch, a spirit and a soul because I put my heart into everything that I create,” Vinh said. “Everything from the gallery is hand-crafted. Nothing is manufactured by machines.”




...While success seemed inevitable for this talented artist, his early years, however, were wrought with anguish. His father, Doan Quoc Sy, Vietnam’s famous novelist and social essayist on the human condition, was suddenly taken from their family and sent to prison by the Communist government under false charges that he was a spy for the U.S. government.

“When I think back of that period, I don’t know how my family survived those dark days,” said Vinh, pausing to reflect. “We had nothing to live on. Life was very difficult for us. It was truly the love and support of my mother and family that held us together.”









...“I have DV Gallery today because of everyone’s support,” Vinh said. “I hope that my art will bring happiness to everyone as it has for me and my family. Please join me and my family on Saturday so I could meet you and say thank you in person.”

You are invited !

DV Gallery & Interior Designs
14666 Beach Blvd Westminster, CA 92683


Poster, brochure và thiệp mời - Đoàn Khoa trình bày
Text: trích LA Times - Press release by Do Quyen

No comments: