Nov 10, 2021

ALL ABOUT BREAKFAST ME HAPPY - Na

It’s a waaaaaaaay over due introduction. But since we got interviewed by @voyagedallas , we think it’s time to show the face behind the Breakfast Me Happy brand. 

Hi everyone! My name is Chi. Food is my love language, and making you happy with my breakfast creations is my joy. It has been such an honor talking to every single one of our customers, meeting most of you in person, and being chosen by you to make my breakfast dream come true every single day. I’m not a person with many words, I prefer to let my products speak for themselves. Who knows what the future will look like, but I am forever grateful to each and every one of you who has gotten me to where I am today. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Click the link in our bio to read the full interview. 

http://voyagedallas.com/.../meet-chi-nguyen-of-carrollton/

#voyagedallas #voyagedallasmagazine #thefacebehindthebrand #breakfastmehappy #supportsmallbusiness #shoplocal #thinkbigshopsmall


Today we’d like to introduce you to Chi Nguyen. 

Hi Chi, can you start by introducing yourself? We’d love to learn more about how you got to where you are today?

For as long as I can remember, food has always been my love language. I truly believe people can really connect and create a special bond over a shared meal. 

I was a corporate chef before the pandemic hit. Just like many restaurant workers, I lost my job in the middle of the lockdown. While having the opportunity to spend a lot of quality time with my family, I felt the need to challenge myself creatively, and I also wanted to bring some joy to my surrounding communities in time of sorrow. I knew getting back into the kitchen and using my love language would be the way to do it. 

And why breakfast? I was born and grew up in Saigon, Vietnam. In our culture, we don’t take breakfast lightly. Breakfast is not only one of the most important meals of the day, it is also a shared quality time with loved ones before everyone starts their busy day. When I was little, the first question I often asked my parents after waking up was “What are we having for breakfast today?”, and then we would have our breakfast together before they dropped me off at school. As I got older and could take myself to school, every once in a while, I would go to school extra early so I could have breakfast with my friends before school started. After I moved to the states, every time I came back home to visit, I would get together to catch up with my friends and family over breakfast. These are some of the fondest memories I have of my friends and family in Vietnam, and perhaps not so coincidently, they were made over breakfast. Now, as a mother of two young children, though our lifestyle tend to be busier, I continue to cherish all the opportunities we get to slow down and enjoy our breakfast together. Breakfast has helped me create many great memories, and I want my creations to bring happiness to other people around me. That’s how Breakfast Me Happy came about. 

Starting a business in the middle of the pandemic was not easy, especially when everyone could not be physically close to each other. Those who worked together, could not share food. I knew I needed to offer products that could be individually packaged and on a healthier side. Some of our first products were convenient breakfast cups such as overnight oats, chia pudding, parfaits etc. After a few months, we introduced cold-pressed juice and it was very well accepted since almost everyone was looking to eat better, stay healthier. By the beginning of fall last year, our very first breakfast graze box was introduced, and then the rest was history. Since then, we have had the privilege to help many people create great memories by sharing a breakfast spread together, sending birthday gifts, just-because gifts, I-love-you gifts, condolence gifts, and the list goes on. 

Being in a pandemic is tough, but what I have learned in this past year and a half is that distance only makes the heart grow fonder. The heart grows fonder to take better care of ourselves and our family, to learn how to love ourselves for being exactly who we are, to practice to be kind to ourselves and those around us and to love and cherish those that are important to us regardless the distance. The mission for Breakfast Me Happy is to bring joy and happiness to our community one breakfast at a time, and I believe we are doing just that with every creation we send out. 

Would you say it’s been a smooth road, and if not, what are some of the biggest challenges you’ve faced along the way?

Some of the biggest struggles I have had is to learn how to navigate the business on my own. Being a chef in the past, I was used to working in a team environment. Everywhere I was, I was surrounded by people that helped make every workday a successful day. But with Breakfast Me Happy, it is mostly a one-woman show. I sometimes get help with pick-up and delivery, but for the most part, I have to do everything on my own from managing inventory, purchasing, marketing, creating the products, and getting the products to the customer’s hands. I also had to learn to get out of my comfort zone by networking and creating relationships with other local small businesses. Every struggle was a new lesson learned and I am so glad I got to experienced them all. 

Alright, so let’s switch gears a bit and talk business. What should we know about your work?

What Breakfast Me Happy is mostly known for is our Breakfast Box. We set ourselves apart by making breakfast fun to look at, and delicious to eat no matter what occasion it is. Each breakfast box is created with love and care by using seasonal and locally made products. We are also very proud to include products from other small businesses that we have had the honor to collaborate with. 

Where we are in life is often partly because of others. Who/what else deserves credit for how your story turned out?

My very first cheerleader is my husband. He was the first person who encouraged me to take the leap of faith and bring my business idea to life. My family and friends, near and far, also play a big part in cheering me on and showering me in love and encouragement every day. I am also very grateful to the small business community in DFW. Through this community, I have made many new friends, created business relationships, and discovered how many talents DFW has to offer. And last but not least, I am forever grateful to all of my customers. A majority of my customers return to purchase more and refer friends. They really are the reason Breakfast Me Happy is recognized within our community. 


Contact Info:


Email: breakfast.me.happy@gmail.com

Instagram: www.instagram.com/breakfast_me_happy

Facebook: www.facebook.com/breakfast-me-happy

No comments: