Nov 1, 2016

ALL SOULS' DAY ON 2ND OF NOV @ HOLLAND



One of the things Huong planned for this trip was a visit to the grave of my parents. Today we went there. A sunny beautiful day. Over here in Europe it will soon be All Souls’ Day.

Just the right time to go. This morning in Maastricht, we went to buy flowers white chrysanthemums (according to the tradition) and a bouquet of colorful flowers (my Mom liked colorful flowers). It all brought back memories of the days burying my parents. On the request of Huong, we went to another cemetery to see if the graves of my grand parents are still there. Not a big graveyard, as they came from a small town. We found both graves searching in the old part of the cemetery. Huong could see that I was named after the father of my mother, also called Aloysius.

A.S. 




No comments: