Apr 30, 2019

BLACK APRIL




Today is Black April.

On April 30, 1975, Saigon was captured by communist forces. I’ve never experienced this particular day, but my parents’ heart wrenching stories will forever live on in my memories.

Although 44 years have passed, my dad’s escape still gives him chills to this day.  My parents made the bravest decision to leave behind their homes, families, and friends to seek a better life here in the United States.  I am here TODAY because of my parents and I will always be grateful towards them and to those who have lost their lives in the war.  Everyone, let’s not forget the sacrifices that have been made by everyone on this day.  Let’s all take a moment today to commemorate the Fall of Saigon.

Thank you for everything, bố mẹ.  I love you!

Vit Doan



Doãn Quốc Hiển (in the middle) 
and other boat friends 
living behind everything to seek for a better life!


***

Bố Sỹ thưởng thức đêm văn nghệ "Tháng Tư Đen" - Black April 










No comments: