Dec 28, 2009

RECIPE #1: Chicken Parcels with Herb Butter

Photo from ocado.com

Christmas is truly over and I've been wondering to myself: “what's next? “ Gotta have some New Year resolutions… Thanks to Darrell, Mike’s older brother, I now have my very own cookbook collection. I don’t have that many books but I do have enough recipes to keep my kitchen busy (if I really want to). Anyway, a cookbook wouldn’t be doing its job if it kept sitting on the bookshelf, right? So here it is, my New Year resolution, inspired by the movie “Julie & Julia”, I will use the recipes from these cookbooks and make something new at least once a week. Some people buy new clothes to make them happy, some take pretty photos as a hobby. But me, I like to cook. Cooking is a hobby that makes me happy. But I don’t have time or a big enough budget to cook something new everyday. Once a week sounds reasonable enough.:D So from now on, at least once a week, I will try to make something new. This means my yummy Lemon Honey Chicken Wings or the delicious Chicken Parmesan will not be qualified. Anything that I have made before will not be qualified. Only new recipes! These recipes will be picked from various cookbooks that I have and experimented by my very own two hands. I have to say… if you are already getting fat, you might as well do it the right way (by eating delicious food :P).

RECIPE #1: Chicken Parcels with Herb Butter

This recipe is from "The Every Day Chicken Cookbook". These are buttery chicken fillets, coated in herbs, and wrapped in crispy filo pastry. Yes, I don't cheat when it comes to butter. I used a whole stick of butter to make this dish. I think this is the main reason why Mike and Alyssa enjoyed it so much. :P These chicken parcels turned out great. It's a great combination between the tenderness from the chicken and the crispiness from the filo pastry. The original recipe recommends serving with a simple salad or steamed vegetables. But I did it my way by making a simple mixed veggies stir-fry with soy sauce and some red pepper flakes. It was yummy, spicy with an Asian flair (hint the soy sauce). Delish!

Recipe #1 is down and I would call it successful. Great thanks to Mike, Alyssa, and Darrell for being a part of this very first assignment. I can't wait 'til next week :D!

THAO CHI

P.S. sorry guys, no real photo from me. I'm not gonna try to fool anybody with my photography skills here:)

2 comments:

Hot... said...

Tết về nhớ cầm theo cuốn này để biểu diễn nhé!

LIEN CHI

Hot... said...

"chep. chep."
Ni