Feb 25, 2009

TO MY DEAD GOLDEN FISH - Vit Doan


I can't believe it. My fish is gone. In a place where their fish bowl is like a mansion, it is there. That fish has been in my house since we lived in the Hollow Rock. The fish has seen me grow and grow and grow.. but it's too sad to see it go.

I really hate how things die by having too much food or too much of something that they need. It's very sad for the whole fish tank because once I took the fish out all the fish gathered around the spot where it died. That fish must have been important to the others. I

t all started when I walked across the fish tank. Then I saw something pale, orange, and lying on the bottom of the tank. I was frightened! I noticed that the fish was a bit bigger. It was round and hard-looking. I took the fish net and tried to pull it out. Dang! Was that fish heavy! The stick of the net bent as I walk to my dad.

I convinced him to do a funeral outside in the backyard. So he did.. We found a small tree that has barely grew and dug a hole next to the roots. As you can see, once a dead organism is buried underground, it give nutrients to the ground and make the soil healthier. But it was also a great place to say our prayers to the fish.

I mumbled a couple of words and left. All I know is that the fish will be in a happy face where they get right amounts of food. Rest in peace. R.I.P little fat fish! :(

By Sad duckling,
Vit Doan


Photos: http://colchado.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/07

10 comments:

Hot... said...

Co'c Vi.t cu?a chu' E?n, you're the best (:
Thuong co'c Vi.t mucho mucho.

Chu En

Hot... said...

Hi Chu Hien! I love you! You remembered the mucho mucho?! I didn't. I only remembered the movie theater tickets. Hehe. I am GLAD you read my story once I gave it to Co Uttttttt! It was based on a true story. One of the bestest fish died in our fish tank... with its mouth opened. Was it eating? Dang! Close your mouth before dying! And also don't talk while chewing your food. Cause when something happens like that.. once you talk food flies out in mid-air and there you goooo! Hey it would probably pass gas too! Am i so crazy, Chu Hien?

Love,
Vit Doan the duckling (also Duckie)

Hot... said...

You are Vi.t cung (:
It's running in the family - we are all having this crazy sense of humour, both Huy and Da(ng are the same as you.
bo^' Tha'i is the worst one (: He used to drove me mad everyday !!!

Chu En

Hot... said...

ha ha. You both are crazily CUTE. I like silly people like that!

How old are you now, be' Vit ?


Co Ha (Chelsea & Timmy's mom)

Hot... said...

Hi Co Ha! I am 10 years old now turning 11 in a couple of months. (3) hehe.

Love, Vit

How's Gina and Puggy? Are they doing fine? How's Timmy and Chelsea? Wish to come to see you guys this summer! :D

Hot... said...

Hi Vit
True, there's some weirdness, some fun, and even some philosophy in your writing.
And, I know, when you talk to chu Hien craziness simply spreads wildly.
Yet, I enjoy your writing and dialog with chu Hien s o o o o much.

Loud hurray from bác K!

Hot... said...

conclusion cu?a chu' En la` - we're all a bit ... Kou-Kou !!!
Just wonderful (:

chu En

Hot... said...

Ủa, sao lạ zậy - mọi người thì cười, mà bác T đọc bài của Duckie thì mém chút nữa khóc hic hic... Bác T cũng có 1 hồ cá cả mấy chục con nhỏ tí tí , vậy mà tụi nó từ từ chết hết trơn, chỉ còn có 5 con – không biết tại sao ??

Bac Thanh

Hot... said...

Hi Vit, I like the "overeating" point in your thoughtful piece: it's the "disease" of affluent (fish/human) society! Keep up the critical thinking. cheers, co Ngoc

Hot... said...

Thiệt hay hết biết luôn bài viết của Vịt Con. Nó làm mọi người đọc say sưa và suy nghĩ nhiều vì mang tính triết lý “cá – rác – hoa” như bác Khánh khen. Vịt Con thiệt giỏi, xứng đáng làm cháu cưng của ông Nội và cả nhà.

Chú En là người thứ 2 kế tiếp được khen. Tính tuy hơi khùng khùng nhưng ngược lại dễ thương nên được con và cháu thương nhiều, là nơi tin cậy gửi gấm tâm sự.

Hoan hô 2 chú cháu En – Vit.

Bac Lien