Aug 29, 2008

The Lollipop - By Vit Doan

Photo by TiSan


The Lollipop


It was the day when I went to the coolest festival of all festivals. I went on a rollercoaster, ate candy, went on a ride, ate candy and that pattern went on 4 times. Then my eyes caught something.. A lollipop stand! It was big and colorful. Also so much swirls going around and around and around. I gave the cashier my money and took one lollipop with pink and blue stripes. I think of those flavors as blueberry, strawberry, or cotton candy! My mom was surprised when she saw my treat. “Haven’t you eaten enough already? “she asked me in a curious voice. I shook my head in disagreement. The day went on until nightfall. And we were home by midnight. I was so sleepy that I went in my room without brushing my teeth and slept.



“Wake up!” my brother said. “Get out!” I yelled back. Then something popped up in my mind, when I saw him in his day clothes. The dentist check up is today! I brushed my teeth and wore my clothes and in a flash I ran downstairs, into the car. When we were there I was the first one to get the check up. So I sat in my chair and opened my mouth. After a few minutes the dentist said “You have cavities!” I was so shocked at the news that I almost peed in my own pants! If I have cavities I would either have to get fillings or they will have to pull them out! I chose filling, so the dentist went off to find the cavity paste. I felt something in my pocket that wrinkled every time I moved. I figured out it was the lollipop wrapper. I looked on the nutrition side and saw something that made me gasped so loud. On the “grams of sugar”
chart, it was 1000 grams of sugar! I shrieked as my mom took the wrapper out of my hand. She must have heard me gasped and then sneaked up looking at it behind me. As the dentist came back with the paste and a hook she did all the work. After the check up the dentist said I would have to get my braces on November. That made me double yikes!


“I don’t want to have braces!” I yelled to my mom in the car. “Well eating all that sugar yesterday was sure quite a lot.” She replied. Then something had a flashback in my mind. I remembered that last night I didn’t brush my teeth. I was so disappointed about my loss memory on that little thing. So I have learned that when you are eating candy… eat a little bit and drink water after.


By Vit Doan


3 comments:

Hot... said...

Vit oi,
Ut mua tang Vit 10 cai ban chai danh rang va 5 tube kem colgate nha :)

Uttt

Hot... said...

Bac Thanh absolutely love your Lollipop story - it's so funny and witty!! Is it a true story?? especially the part of you're going to have braces?? how cool : ) Of my four children: anh Anh, chi Bi (whom you've met last time), anh Xiu and anh Yen, only anh Anh had to have braces when he was 13 years old. He had them on for 2 years (misery, misery...), complained a lot, but once he had them off, he ceased to be an ugly duckling : ) : ) Lots and lots of girls run after him, he he ....

Bac Thanh

Hot... said...

Vit hoc ho*n Van 1 lop ma viet hay qua (so voi age)

Van lau lau noi hu*ng cung viet, nhung khong chiu viet dai va khong mach lac nhu vay.

Co Truong Linh