Feb 16, 2017

DEAR GRANDMA


Dear Ba Ngoai,

I am so sad that you passed away. I always wanted to go with Mom to visit you on the weekend. You are the Best ba ngoai. I love you very  very much. I remember when we came and knocked on the door and you could not hear us. We stayed outside for 45 minutes calling in, knocking  knocking, yelling out loud but you could not hear. Later bac Tuan gave me Thuy a key so we can just get in ourselves whenever we came. Last week mom told me ba ngoai passed away. I almost cried but Mom said ba ngoai is in better place now. That’s right I am happy for you that you reunite with ong ngoai. We went outside to light up an incense and I felt like seeing  you up above the clouds, hand in hand with Ong Ngoai, like you are dancing happily. It seems like Ong Ngoai was so happy to see you again.

I went to Chua to pray Nam Mo A Di Da Phat for ba Ngoai to have a safe departure to heaven. I can chant Nam Mo A Di Da Phat for a long time for you Ba Ngoai, especially in front of the Buddha statue.

I love doing that for ba Ngoai. Mom said we will do it every week for the next 7 weeks. If Mom busy cannot take me to Chua, I will do it at home. Mom bought a tape to chant non stop, when I am tired not Nam Mo A Di Da Phat anymore.
I love you a lot ba Ngoai, and I will always miss you. Mom said she will make a picture of Ba Ngoai to put on Ban tho at home so I will still see you every day.  And in Colfax house, next to Ong Ngoai too. I will help Mom to put your picture on the Memorial wall.

I can’t wait to see you again this Saturday. I sure will hug you for the last time, Ba Ngoai.

Your Grandson,
Y’ Kendall Le



No comments: