Sep 25, 2013

GOOD AND EVIL - Prof. Young




Other contextual variables like lighting and the color of the slide background I used to present the image can influence perception as well.

I think you are right in your realization that in life things are not always black or white, good or evil. In fact there are several shades of gray in between, and like you I also believe their is beauty in those subtleties.

Most people can see both images once you explain the concept of the figure ground relationships. Gestalt psychology was probably less interested in analyzing your initial perception for introspective unconscious meaning and more interested in demonstrating the basic fact that the SAME STIMULUS can produce two different perceptions. Previous experience and perceptual sets can shape who we process the physical world.

It's nice to see you thinking about these examples at a deep level.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!


Prof. Young 

***

I saw the word “GOOD” but written not in a way that give me a mysterious evil feeling.  Then I realized the word "EVIL" laying inside the word "GOOD". 

I am not surprised because my father used to teach me: “There are always two sides in any event or person.  You can not destroy the bad side because it always exists to make the good side exists.  Thus, be wise to choose the good side to look at, and have no attempt to !”

And I obey him!


 Is this a bird or a rabit? 

No comments: