Dec 12, 2007

Thorn



Look at those thorns ! I wonder why those gai mọc trên lá thay vì trên thân! Probably bằng cách nằm ở vị trí quái đản này, those long thorns có thể la làng "Notice me! notice me!", drawing attention from others.

Indeed, at least there is me who paid a great attention to them. I was lucky to take this photo in time. Two weeks later, somebody cut them off. Probably that person considered this sharp-pointed projection as something dangerous and worthless to hiện hữu trên đời.

I myself at the moment bear another kind of thorns inside me. They are just a source of discomfort. I will have them cut soon.

Trớ trêu một điều : now while being disturbed by my thorns, I am distubing some of very close friends by being the thorn in their side. Hope that they only keep distance to me for a little while but not cut me out of their life :)

But please do not chỉ nghĩ khía cạnh không đẹp của gai. One bạn reminded me of Sleepy Beauty's case. Nhờ chiếc gai đâm vào tay, nàng công chúa được đi vào giấc ngủ thay vì phải chết theo lời nguyền của bà phù thuỷ. Một trăm năm sau, một chàng hoàng tử bảnh trai lớ ngớ đến đánh thức nàng, rồi ngu ngơ cưới nàng làm vợ và sau đó, đôi uyên ương sống hạnh phúc ever after... (hehe nguyên tác là thoi đâm tay chứ không phải gai đâm tay nhưng blogger bí quá, phải chế ra cái gì hay hay cho gai)

Anyway ... it's better not to bear any thorn nor become a thorn of anyone.

1 comment:

aloui said...

Doorn
The name Doorn comes from Thorhem or Thorheim, which means home of Thor, the god of thunder. Doorn is situated on the southwest slope of the Utrechtse Heuvelrug. The earliest record mentioning the village dates from 885. Burial mounds in the Kaapse Bossen, the nearby forest, remind of those early days.

A famous inhabitant of Doorn was the German emperor Wilhelm II. After being exiled in 1918, he took up residence in Huis Doorn. The novelist Simon Vestdijk also lived in Doorn during a major part of his life. Its attractive surroundings have made Doorn into a commuter village and recreational centre. A well-known annually recurring event is the castle tour.