Jul 25, 2019

'A' STORY TELLING VOICE!



Chao ca nha!

I got these cute ceramics made by a Cham Balamon folk artist (they are Hindi people who live in Ninh Thuan province, Phan Rang city/capital, south central coast of VN).

But this reminds me of Me telling stories to all of us kids, when we were in VN before our boat escape in 1980. She has an excellent story telling voice.

She just read me 2 chapters in "Bay Buoc Toi Mua He" (Nguyen Nhat Anh, a teen book. He's famous, a phenomenon not only in VN but Asia in general) while I was walking and talking with her.

Wow, I loved it: she really embodied all the characters that she read out loud for me...

Recording her narrating voice is my ongoing project!

OK, I'll book my flight to be down there in early August!

See you all soon,
N.




No comments: